This is the web site of the Columbia Greene Workforce Investment System. The purpose of this system is to support the growth of the local
economy by meeting the employment needs of individuals and business. This
web site has been created to provide you with information about the
partner organizations that encompass our local system and to ease your
access to local, state, federal, and private employment services available
in the twin counties.
Columbia-Greene is proud to offer Priority of Service to veterans and their eligible spouses. What does this mean? If you served in the military, you will be:
- Served first by the next available staff member.
- Given first priority for jobs and training for which you are eligible and qualified.
- Our priority of service policy can be found
Additional information for veterans can also be found on the New York State Department of Labor Veterans' website and the NYS Division of Veterans Affairs website.
Individuals can connect to job seeking
assistance, career planning
services, labor market information, training and educational
services and financial aid possibilities.
connect to job posting services, employee talent banks, labor regulations,
economic and labor data, tax credit opportunities, and employee training
connect to information about special local programs to help them make the
transition from school to work, as well as, find information about job
search assistance, career planning information, and post secondary
In addition, the web site provides information about the
Columbia-Greene Workforce New York Career Center, which is located in the
Professional Academic Center, room 709 at Columbia-Greene Community College, and the Workforce Investment Board of Columbia & Greene Counties, which oversees our
entire local system.
- The Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties Workforce Development Board, Inc. (FMS WDB), on behalf of the four Greater Capital Region Workforce Investment Boards, requests proposals to provide week long STEM Summer Institutes during July and August 2015. Completed bid packages must be postmarked and received by the FMS Workforce Development Board by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 20, 2015. The complete RFP can be accessed here. (Word document)
- Business Leader Presentation (PowerPoint)
- Recovery: Job Growth and Education Requirements Through 2020 (PDF)
- New York Works for Business : Check out this streamlined, multi-agency website outlining no cost business services.
- Columbia-Greene Local Plan for 2013-2014
10 Best Websites for Your Career
- Jobvite Social Media Recruiting Results
- What is Takes to be a Qualified Job Applicant, a survey completed by local Human Resource Managers.
- Job Search Guide for School District Employees, Second Edition Also see: A Kaleidoscope of Alternative Career Choices for Teachers
- Check out these Public Service Announcements; Learn to Earn: Sponsored by Greene County Planning and Economic Development and Workforce Investment Board of Columbia and Greene Counties. Produced at Catskill Central School Studio 108, Catskill Media Group: Bill Maouris, Mike Piedmont, Doug Sanders, and Bob Stinson on YouTube. The Talk, Know What You Want, and Get The Message.
- Need the exterior CGCC Map ? The interior map is here too.
Due to server maintenance this web site could be
unavailable FRIDAYS from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM, we're sorry for any
We hope you will find our web site a useful tool, but if you can't find
something you are looking for, please contact us for more assistance. You
can call: (518) 828-4181 ext. 5510, TDD/TTY (518) 828-1399 or you can e-mail us .